Title: Insurance Verification Specialist
Location: Diagnostic Health in Port Arthur
Status: Full Time
The primary responsibility is to ensure, that the patient’s insurance will cover required medical procedures and obtain prior authorization. They will contact patient’s insurance company to verify coverage levels, and work with individuals to educate them on their benefit information.
- They are to get the patient’s registered, answer the phone and schedule appointments.
- The insurance verification specialist is responsible for verifying patient insurance coverage, to ensure necessary procedures are covered by an individual’s provider.
- Their responsible for entering data in an accurate manner, as it is his job to update patient benefit information in the organization’s insurance system and verify that existing information is accurate.
- This position requires professionals to spend extensive amounts of time on the phone with insurance companies.
- The insurance verification specialist also helps patients arrange payment for services that are not covered by their insurance companies.
- Discussing different financing options to fit their budgets.
- They must also be willing to perform light administrative duties as needed.
- Minimum Education required is a High School Diploma or a GED.
- Prefer candidates with one or two years of experience working in a clinic, hospital admissions or billing setting.
- Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and are familiar with insurance and hospital billing policies and procedures.