The Licensed clinical social workers are highly trained to help clients dealing with issues such as addiction, abuse or mental illness. LCSW will provide direct services including therapeutic services to patients, including assessments, treatment plans and discharge planning. Having a passion for caring for the Elderly and geriatric population of Southeast Texas is a plus.
- Clinicians function as part of a multidisciplinary team that provides care for seniors and their families in nursing homes and/or assisted living facilities.
- Clinicians are responsible for comprehensive assessments and treatments of persons who lives are impacted by cognitive conditions, mental health issues (depression, anxiety, adjustment disorder, Alzheimer’s, Dementia), or a declining capacity to function independently.
- Duties include (but are not limited to) completing cognitive and mental health evaluations, delivering cognitive and emotional therapies.
- Oftentimes, they help people in accepting various situations with emphasis on events that can’t be changed.
- Working knowledge of clinics, hospitals and policies and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be capable of working with diverse populations (chronic health conditions, mental health, and substance use).
- This role also requires emotional resilience and stability since the work often involves dealing with crises.
- Ability to make routine decisions and determine proper actions based on experience within the limits of policy and procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages and economic backgrounds and culturally competent and sensitive manner.
- Must have a master’s degree in social work
- Two years of clinical mental health experience
- A TX state licenses