Primary functions are to administer nursing care for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency, and assume the responsibility for the coordination of care.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
Licensure: Current Texas State license as a Registered Nurse, current Texas Driver’s License.
Experience: Two years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in a clinical care setting preferred, hospice preferred.
Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good Interpersonal skills.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, valid and current auto liability insurance.
Criminal History: Must agree to and pass a criminal history check.
Environmental and Working Conditions
Work in patients home in various conditions, proof of current CPR, and Hepatitis consent/declinations, possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infections diseases, ability to work flexible schedule, ability to travel locally, some exposure to unpleasant weather, PRN emergency call.
Physical and Mental Efforts
Prolonged standing and walking required, with ability to lift 50 lbs. and move patients. Requires working under stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs, and to make quick decisions and resource acquisition, meet patient/family individualized psychosocial needs. Requires hand eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Assess hospice patients to identify the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs as evidence by documentation, clinical records, case conference, team reports and evaluations.
- Implement/develop/document the plan of care to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Applies concept of infection control; and standard precautions in coordinating /performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Provide clinical directions to the Hospice Aide/LVN to ensure quality and continuity of service provided.
- Assure continuity of quality patient care delivered with requirements of third-party payor.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
- Perform on call responsibilities and provide on-call-service to patients /families as assigned.