CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of nursing staff members, assists in providing patient care, prepares records, and maintains a clean environment.
- Assures that each patient receives quality care.
- Provides respect due to each patient, patient family member and co-worker.
- Provides service direct to patients while maintaining a positive patient relationship and atmosphere.
- Functions proficiently in unit nursing modalities.
- Maintains accurate and timely records according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Maintains confidentiality while working with confidential matters on a daily basis.
- Follows the safety and infection control guidelines and policies of WCH.
- a) Education: High School Graduate or equivalent with valid Texas Nursing Assistant Certification.
- b) Personal Job-Related Skills: Ability to read and write, effective oral and written communication skills, ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions.
- c) Licensure, Registry, or Certification: Valid Texas Nursing Assistant Certificate
- d) Prior Work Experience: One-year experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- e) Physical and Mental Requirements: Duties of the position require extended periods of standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires occasional heavy lifting when moving or supporting patients who may suddenly become weak, helpless, or combative. Frequently must deal with emotionally, mentally, and physically stressful situations on a daily basis.
The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on his or her assigned unit as described in the unit’s/area’s/department’s policies and procedures.